Groovin'


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shrimp Lettuce Wraps

I guess my husband knows me as the queen of lettuce wraps. I make so many different kinds. Hopefully I'll show you the many possibilities of this simple yet so freakin' delicious treat. Shrimp was on sale this week, so I picked up a bag of raw 50 counts. Today I decided what the hell, we love these suckers, lets have them.

Ingredients:
  • 25 med raw shrimp peeled, deveined, and chopped.
  • 1 head of Boston Bib or Butter lettuce
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 1/2 tbs of ginger minced
  • 1/2 cup of Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce divided into half
  • 1 tbs of Saracha (rooster sauce) 
  • 1/4 cup of red onion sliced thin
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup of rice vinegar 
  • 1/2 cup cilantro roughly chopped
  1. Combine rice vinegar, salt, sugar and onion in a small bowl and set aside
  2. Wash and drain lettuce leaves whole
  1. in a pan on med heat add a tsp of olive oil and add garlic and ginger until fragrant. 
 
  1. Add 1/4 cup of the Mae Ploy and reduce.
 
  1. Next add the shrimp and the rest of the chili sauce and the saracha. Cook until the shrimp begin to turn pink. This should take 5-7 mins. be careful not to overcook them or they will turn out rubbery. 
 
  1. Assemble the wraps and enjoy. I place all the item in bowls in the middle of the table and allow folks to add what they want and don't want into their wrap. Hope you enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment