Groovin'


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Peanut Noodles


Tonight I had a craving for something creamy, sweet and savory. I couldn't pinpoint what it was that I wanted because it wasn't on the menu I planned for the week.  As I was pondering what it was that I wanted and as my son inhaled his brown rice cereal it dawned on me. By golly I wanted peanut noodles! Oh glorious, glorious peanut noodles. So versatile, they can be eaten warm, or cold. They can be a main course or they can complement a meal as a side dish. Not only you will love them but so will the kids! I see that you get my point. So lets begin.

 

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti, or plain spaghetti.
  • 1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 of sweet chili sauce I use Mae Ploy, its never let me down
  • 1/2 tbs of Saracha little more or little less however you please
  • 3 cloves garlic minced 
  • 1/2 tbs ginger minces
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
  • 1/4 red onion julienned
  1. Boil noodles until al dente and drain
  2. In the same pot the noodle were cooked in, add a tsp. of olive oil and add ginger and garlic on med heat until fragrant. Then add the pasta back into the pot and combine.
  3. add peanut butter and chili sauce and turn off heat. Combine noodles until coated.
  4. Add red onion and cilantro.
 
See that wasn't so hard! I hope you enjoy them, they are just that tasty I had to share them with you! Provecho Kiddies.



No comments:

Post a Comment