Groovin'


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Roasted Garlic

Roasted garlic is simply the food of the Gods. Maybe its my Korean heritage that makes me love it so much. Now a days you can find garlic in so many different forms. I personally like to buy fresh already peeled cloves. I use so much garlic in everyday cooking it just makes my life that much easier. I don't like the pre-chopped garlic because its jarred with preservatives

I love roasting garlic because of its versatility. Once garlic is roasted its very easily spreadable, you can spread it across toast or crackers, mix with goat cheese or top any other cheese you like. Mix it into spreads and sauces. How about this one, you can cook a filet to about rare, then top with roasted garlic and place the filet under a broiler to finish. As you can see the possibilities are endless.

Ingredients:
  • Handful of pre-peeled garlic cloves
  • 1 tsp of olive oil
  • Good pinch of good salt
  • Pepper to taste
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  1. In a small baking dish lined with aluminum foil add garlic
  1. Add oil, salt and pepper 
 
  1. This is important, close the foil into a little pouch like this, make sure its a little vented so the steam can evaporate out. Roast for 45mins to 1 hour.

    Roasted garlic can last a week if placed in a airtight container in the fridge. Try it in the Roasted Garlic Aioli recipe that I have posted on my blog under the "Sauces and Salsas" category.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment