Groovin'


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Easy Cuban Black Beans

I love rice and beans, I love Cuban rice and black bean even more. Since I made Ropa Vieja today, it would be high treason if I didn't make black beans! Since I made the easy version of the Ropa Vieja, I'm going to make the east version of the black beans.

Ingredients:
1 can black beans with juice
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 onion chopped
2 slices bacon chopped
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tsp ground cumin
dash hot sauce
1/2 tbp of red wine vinegar



Cook up bacon, until halfway cooked


Add onion and garlic and  cook until translucent 
Add the remaining ingredient with the exception of the vinegar. Cook until the liquid is reduced by 1/2. The last 5mins add the red wine vinegar.

Again sorry about the lack of a final photo, I was distracted by a baby and a hungry husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment