Groovin'


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sloppy Joes

I really don't know anyone who doesn't like a good Sloppy Joe. I had forgotten my love for them until one day the Husband Person asked if I could make em' for him. I'm sure glad I did. Who needs to buy that canned crap that starts with an "M?" Not you, nevermore, nevermore.

I've made these with ground chicken and ground turkey, but it doesn't compare to the plain ol' ground beef. If you buy it lean it won't be greasy. I always brown my ground beef and rinse with water in a colander to get rid of any extra grease.

This is a simple, tasty meal you can whip up fast! Try grating carrots and cooking them into the meat to sneak in a extra veggie if you want! I can assure you this will be a favorite to little and big kids alike!

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef
1 small onion chopped
1 small red bell pepper chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
4 buns

  1. Dice onion and bell pepper and saute over med. heat with a little olive oil, when fragrant add minced garlic. When onion in translucent set the mixture aside.
  2. Brown and break up ground beef, when it's finished cooking place meat in colander and rinse to remove any extra grease, rinse the pan too.
  3. Add all ingredients into the pan, cook on med heat until sauce thickens. Serve Immediately on buns.
Sorry for the lack of photos on the recent post. I've been so busy with little man that by the time I remember my camera dinner is being served or already eaten! I promise I'll try better getting the pics up.

No comments:

Post a Comment