Groovin'


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mel's Chicken Tacos

This a simple dish you can make fast. I had half a roasted chicken left over and even though they are not my favorite, a box of crunchy taco shells in the pantry. You can add any type of topping and make a little taco bar, but I prefer the traditional Mexian way of cilantro and minced onion.

Salsa verde gives the chicken a kick! I would to add Oaxacan cheese or queso fresco, but until my little man's allergies subside that won't happen. Try adding your own style to appease your own tastes and enjoy this low fat, simple dinner!

1/2 roasted chicken breast shredded
6 taco shells, or flour tortillas
1/2-3/4 cup of salsa verde, click here for my recipe for roasted salsa verde.
your choice of toppings, I chose cilantro and onion

 
In a skillet over a medium heat add shredded chicken.

Add salsa verde to the chicken and heat through. At this time heat up tortillas and prep toppings.

Place chicken in shells or tortilla and place toppings.
There you go! Provecho.

No comments:

Post a Comment