Groovin'


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chilaquiles With Chicken and Salsa Verde

I love chilaquiles, when made well its a party in your mouth. When living in Mexico, Sunday was my favorite day. I would go to my favorite coffee shop and order chilaquiles and Skype with family and friends.  I wish I was able to eat it with crema and queso fresco... I can't wait until that day comes again.

Ingredients:

6oz salsa verde
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup of chicken shredded
3 handfuls of good tortilla chips
2 eggs cooked to your liking
1/4 of spanish onion sliced
1/4 cup of cilantro chopped
2 tbs of Mexican crema or sour cream
desired amount of queso fresco crumbled

You can use jarred salsa verde or make it at home. I have pictured here a 6oz jar of my homemade roasted salsa verde. You can find the recipe here.


In a skillet on medium/high heat add salsa verde and chicken stock and reduce by 1/4


Add tortilla chips and coat with sauce, add chicken and cover and cook for 5 mins. Meanwhile make eggs to your liking. 



Plate the tortilla mixture and top with an egg, garnish with onion, fresh cilantro, crema and cheese
Its typical to serve this dish with refried beans and avocado.
Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment